Central Sussex provided the second opposition of the season for Angmering. The squad was boosted by the return of Eliot Mills who has made the move from Worthing College to study and play his rugby at Angmering. James Burger sat out the game with concussion with Phil Jones and Harry Perry coming in to the starting XV

Angmering started the stronger and dominated territory for the first 15 minutes. They were rewarded with an early try from Eliot Mills who stepped his way past 2 defenders to touch down for the first score of the day. More pressure ensued and with excellent pod work from from forwards, Jack Hodges, George Whisson and Liam Young saw Angmering drive towards the 5 metre line. 2 more phases followed until Mills jinked inside his opposite 9 to touch down for his second of the day. Harvey Bevan and Luke Flain were doing a good job and secured 5 turnovers in the first half which resulted in Angmering controlling possession and territory.

Alex Gage then secured the third try with, again good solid ball retention from the forwards. He received a short ball from Mills to drive through 2 tackles and score. At Half Time, although the 3 scores secured a good lead, the performance was a little lethargic and the structure that had been so well done at training, had somewhat deserted them.

Angmering chopped and changed the lineup to give players much needed game time before next weeks first leauge  game away at The Weald. All subs had an impact and Angmering looked dangerous whenever the ball was spun out wide. James Collins twice broke tackles and was unlucky to not be able to offload to Ed Green coming in off his Wing. Alex Jones,Jake Witney and Nick Sopp all found space and broke the line on numerous occasions, having been found by both Swift as replacement 9 and Mills in his new role at Fly Half. With Tom Beasley making an impact from the bench, both him and Benji Arden battling over the gain line, recycled the ball with good work from Tom Jenner and Phil Jones, ball was coming back quicker and Angmering were running it strongly through the hands.

Central Sussex hit back early in the second half to reduce the deficit to 19-15 but with scores from Luke Flain and a breakaway try from Oli Sambrook, Angmering extended their lead to 29-20 come the final whistle.

Chopping and changing the side around because it was a friendly did not help the flow of the game and Angmering will be happy to get their first win of the season second time around. They should though also be wary that the league games kick off next Wednesday and they will have to fine tune their game in terms of structure and set pieces if they are to make enroads into the league.

Well done with the result gents and see you training on Monday @ 4pm.

Next Game – The Weald School : Wednesday 10th Oct (Away) 2.15 leave Angmering

Coaches Gooding, Fairbairn and Danes