ROUTES TO SUCCESS: FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED ABOUT APPLYING FOR UNIVERSITY AND HIGHER LEVEL APPRENTICESHIPS
- There are 7 levels of apprenticeships available, from Level 2 (equiv GCSE) to Level 7 (masters degree)
- Apprenticeships now cover a wide range of occupations from creative digital designer, harbour master and church minister, to optician, district nurse and marketing manager.
- The average, working age graduate earned £10,000 per year more than the average non-graduate in the UK in 2018. By 2022, two million more jobs will require higher level qualifications.
- There are over 50,000 university courses available in the UK.
- Parent packs are available at https://www.ucas.com and https://amazingapprenticeships.com/
We also learned how to choose a university course or apprenticeship, how to find our way through the application process, and how to make a successful application. The next day students were busy researching a range of courses and apprenticeships, having been inspired by hearing about the successful applications to Oxbridge and for medicine by our current Year 13s, and the presentations from Suzi Lamb from the University of Brighton, and Beki Tonks from Amazing Apprenticeships. Over 90 Year 11 and Year 12 students and parents enjoyed the information evening arranged by the Sixth Form. If you would like any further information about the Sixth Form Destinations Programme (Routes to Success) please contact Lou Barker at email@example.com, or Gavin Bowles at firstname.lastname@example.org