16 – 19 Tuition Fund Statement
The department of Education announced funding to support students whose learning was disrupted as a result of the COVID pandemic. This 16 to 19 tuition fund is available to all 16 to 19 providers such as the Angmering Sixth Form and is ring-fenced for 16 to 19 small group tuition only.
The funding can be used to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, Maths and other courses, where learning has been disrupted. The guidance indicates that the support of students must be on a 16 to 19 study programme and who have not yet achieved grade 5 or above in GCSE maths or English by age 16 or will be on a 16 to 19 study programme the subjects covered in the tuition will not be limited to English and maths but will be identified according to need and existing programs.
The Angmering sixth form commits to using small group tuition funding that has been given to mitigate against the impact of the pandemic on our study programme students. Sessions will be limited to 2 students per group and will be above and beyond normal timetabled hours.
Support sessions will be prioritised for the following students;
- Those with an education Health and Care Plan.
- Those who have grade 3 or below in GCSE maths or English.
Some examples of the tuition support on offer will include:
- GCSE exam resit preparation
- individual bespoke subject support
The Angmering sixth form is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition formed by
- producing this statement setting out how the funds will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- publishing guidance on the sixth form website
- recording the use of this fund including references to individual students who receive support and deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2020 to 2021.
- Notify the Education Skills Funding Agency of any underspend from the fund for it to be reclaimed.