Careers Advice and Guidance
We are very proud of our Sixth Form careers programme which aims to prepare and support students during the transition between college and university or work. This can be a daunting time for many students, and we are here to support them every step of the way.
Our Careers Manager, Gavin Bowles, is based in the main school and is available to talk to students at any time.
Sixth Form Work Experience
All Year 12 students are encouraged to undertake a week of work experience during the summer term. This should be relevant to the courses they are studying and their future aspirations. Our Sixth Form Administrator, Becki Robinson, is on hand to give advice and help students secure interesting and relevant placements. The work experience week takes place the last week of the summer term.
- My Work Experience placement gave me a good insight into a particular field of Engineering.
- My work placement gave me further knowledge and understanding of different careers computer science could lead to and gave me some experience in each of these areas
- I gained a wider understanding of freelance work, how to manage yourself and your clients. It also helped with my photography and industry knowledge.
- My placement gave me a glimpse of what animal care is like, which has certified that as a possible future career.
- I found the whole Work Experience very informative and engaging.
- I would like to study accounting and finance at university – my work placement showed me the variety of sectors and jobs that are available in this field of work.
Students follow a careers curriculum enriched by outside organisations including Universities, volunteering organisations, local employers and apprentices.
This is an online career guidance and information program, which inspires young people to explore their future options.
This is an award-winning online platform which helps students make informed decisions about their university choices. More information
National Careers Service
Information on over 750 jobs and you can contact a careers advisor by email, phone or online. More information
TES Growing Ambitions
Fantastic website to explore careers by subjects you enjoy or by selecting from A-Z. More information
This website allows you to watch short video clips of people in a wide range of job sectors. More information
Short films on various careers from Medical, Science, Creative and Media to name but a few. More information
Doctors and nurses may be the obvious choices but with 350 choices available they are certainly not the only ones. More information
An interactive quiz that tests your personality to see how prepared you are for the future. More information
Aimed at students seeking a graduate career. A great resource I can’t recommend enough! More information
Interested in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths? This is a great website aimed at students 11-16 plus. More information
Great website aimed at inspiring young people to build the future that is right for them. More information
Provides an overview of your option choices. More information